What TV channel is United States vs Finland on today? Schedule, time for 2021 World Juniors semifinals, In the first semifinal of the night, it’s a rematch of last year’s gold-medal game that saw the Canadians score three unanswered goals to come back and beat the Russians. On Monday, the stakes are high once again as the winner plays for gold and the loser can either win bronze or nothing at all.
Canada has six players from that squad including Dylan Cozens who has a 2021 tournament-best seven goals and defenseman Jamie Drysdale who was asked at Sunday’s team availability if he thinks there will be any emotional carryover from last year.
“100 percent I think there will be carryover,” he said matter of factly. “We played each other in the finals last year so, obviously, we want to maintain where we’re at and we obviously want to come out on top. But in saying that, obviously feel like they’re gonna have something to prove because we came out on top last year. I think it’ll be a really good game on both ends and I think everyone’s looking forward to playing in that game. It should be a really exciting, hard-fought game.”
These two teams did meet up in a pre-tournament tune-up that saw Canada win but was overshadowed by captain Kirby Dach’s wrist injury causing him to miss the tournament. It should be noted that in that game, the Canadians lone goal (it was a 1-0 finish) was not against Yaroslav Askarov who they’re expected to face on Monday night.
Here’s how to watch Canada and Russia go toe-to-toe with a spot in the gold-medal game on the line.
How to watch United States vs Finland
- TV channel (Canada): TSN
- Live stream (Canada): TSN Live
- TV channel (USA): NHL Network
United States vs Finland: When is puck drop?
- Date: Monday, Jan. 4
- Time: 6 p.m. ET
World Juniors 2021: Latest news
- Time, TV channel, live stream, where, when, schedule
- How has COVID-19 impacted the tournament?
- Rosters, NHL draft status, jersey numbers for all 10 teams
- Breakdown of every NHL teams’ prospects
- Predictions: Hockey experts pick who will win gold
- It’s gold or bust’: NHL players look back on World Junior Championship memories
- A team-by-team guide to the under-20 championship
- Dach, Caufield and the top four storylines
- Oilers’ Philip Broberg impresses with three assists for Sweden
- Senators’ Tim Stuetzle scores two goals in Germany’s overtime win
- Predictions, odds, X-factors, breakdowns for quarterfinal matchups
- Leafs prospect Roni Hirvonen sends Finland to semis with late goal
- Predictions, odds, X-factors, breakdowns for semifinal matchups
- Scores, schedule, how to watch every USA Hockey game
- NHL Network’s Dave Starman on Canada, the U.S. and why Cole Caufield will steal the show
- Americans mount comeback but fall in opener to rival Russia
- USA bounces back with dominating 11-0 win
- Americans erupt for seven goals, guarantee QF spot
- Americans take top spot in Group B with shutout win
- USA gets a scare but holds on for semifinal berth
- Which players are on Canada’s final roster?
- Canada favorite to win second straight gold medal
- Kirby Dach out of tournament with wrist injury
- Scores, schedule, how to watch every Hockey Canada game
- Canada opens WJC with 16-2 blowout of Germany
- Braden Schneider handed one-game suspension
- Birthday boy Devon Levi, Canadians hold on to beat Slovakia
- Six points by Quinton Byfield powers Canadians to 10-0 win
- Canadians claim top spot in Group A with wire-to-wire win
- Canadians shutout Czechs to advance to semifinals
Which teams are in the 2021 World Junior Championship?
Ten teams, divided into two groups of five, are participating.
|Group A||Group B|
Full schedule for the 2021 World Junior Championship
(All times Eastern)
|MONDAY, JAN. 4|
|SF: United States vs Finland||6 p.m.||TSN, NHLN|
|SF: USA vs. Finland||9:30 p.m.||TSN, NHLN|
|TUESDAY, JAN. 5|
|Bronze-medal game||5:30 p.m.||TSN, NHLN|
|Gold-medal game||9:30 p.m.||TSN, NHLN|
Who has won the IIHF World Junior Championships in the last 10 years?
Which countries have won the most medals at the World Junior Championship?